Thursday, February 16, 2012

Loss

I went out this morning to survey the damage to our seedlings. The cover is now off since temperatures are much warmer again - 50s at night, 70s during the day. I got a much better look. Most of them went kaplooey. The lettuces and spinaches are all right, and some of the cauliflower and broccoli might make it too. So, I'm putting together another seed order, and can't believe what a beautiful seed catalog Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds has! The website is not nearly as engaging and beautiful as the catalog (though it is also quite good). So many interesting varieties of seeds. I'm looking forward to placing another order, this time with them. We really want to plant as many heirloom varieties as possible so that we can save the seeds ourselves and replant them every year. I'm sad to have lost the tender little seedlings, but I'm eagerly anticipating picking out different varieties to grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment